Our mission at Dean Kurtz Construction is:
- To have a safety-first attitude.
- To take pride in the quality, service, and environment that we provide for our employees and clients.
- To hire and train the best people and craft an environment which fosters creative project solutions from our employees.
- To continue to build partnerships in the construction industry through quality leadership and integrity, enabling us to provide the highest level of craftsmanship in our construction projects and exceed client expectations.
- To make a meaningful impact in the communities in which we live and work through contributions of our time, knowledge, tangible resources, and community involvement.
Dean Kurtz Construction Company is a family-owned construction company operating in the Midwest region. Our long standing tradition of high quality craftsmanship, personal commitment to each project, and exceptional customer service has established us as a company that is dependable and trustworthy.
Dean Kurtz Construction Company's first contract was awarded in 1971 for a project with the US Air Force. This was the beginning of a longstanding relationship between the US Air Force, the Army Corps of Engineers, and Dean Kurtz Construction that continues to this date. We have provided high quality workmanship to these two government entities for the past 40 years.
Our project portfolio includes high end commercial retail structures, cutting edge medical facilities, and large scale governmental projects as well as renovations, restorations, and custom homes. We go beyond the traditional process of bidding for contracts, and then building to specifications; our company capabilities encompass industry demands for fast-track negotiations, construction management services, and design-build projects.
From North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska to Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado, we have serviced a diverse group of clients in a broad range of construction environments. Our client list includes private sector businesses such as Regency Companies, Four Aces Hotel Corporation, SoDak Gaming and Black Hills Workshop. Public sector and institutional entities include Ellsworth Air Force Base, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Rapid City Regional Airport, Rapid City Regional Hospital and the Rapid City School District, Oglala Sioux Tribe, Rosebud Sioux Tribe, St. Francis Indian School, and the City of Deadwood.
We are recognized by owners, the design community, and commercial real estate professionals as a leader in commercial construction, as well as a positive force in our community. By actively supporting local organizations - Children's Home Society, Rapid City Club for Boys, Youth & Family Services, the United Way and youth sporting activities - we are committed to building a strong, vibrant community and making a positive impact in the places where we live and work.
We look forward to the opportunity to join your construction team.
Dean Kurtz Construction proudly supports the AGC.